Thursday, August 23, 2007

1 Run 2, Week 5 (CT5K): A Stellar Midnight Run!


Print





Perhaps I wasn't dreaming after about feeling like a super-cyborg yesterday, because today's run amazingly felt even easier than my previous run this week, & I did even longer intervals tonight (i.e., two intervals of alternating 8-minute runs & 5-minute walks, with the usual 5-minute warmup & 5-minute cooldown on each respective end).

As on previous workouts, I added some time to my warmup & cooldown walks, but this time it was only a few minutes more to each end. I think my legs are starting to recover faster, and knock on wood, my knees feel... well I'd rather not jinx myself by saying anything, but you get the point.

Plus, to make tonight's workout even more interesting, I hadn't slept a wink all last night & was blurry-eyed & feeling whoosy from lack of sleep; and yet, no matter, I still had plenty of energy for tonight's run.

And yes, if you're wondering, I really did push myself tonight to keep a faster, steady pace. (The last time we ran together, Erik told me I was clocking something like sub-10 minute miles, which, although not blazing fast, is fine for the CT5K training program. After all, I'm retraining my body to run after a long exercise-hiatus. Once I get into better shape, I'll focus on improving my times.)

I have to say it's been a bizarre ride to better fitness, in terms of what my body now seems capable of handling lately, despite any lack of sleep or weird running hours. This is not meant to sound cocky, but my body feels like it can "take" more of whatever challenges I "throw" at it, (not that I'm planning on abusing this newfound reserve!) Had this been a year ago, & I'd faced the same situation, I guarantee you that I'd feel twice as tired as half as motivated to run! ;-) And my throat would probably be very hoarse by now too! ;-)

Just to be on the safe side, I'll cross my fingers & take it easy tomorrow. On my body that is. The brain will be getting a nice workout, as I prepare for my upcoming art gallery show. I've been doing a lot of promotional activities for the show, both web-related & otherwise. Still have so much to do, but it's great to still squeak in my runs. Feels great to have that constant always there, no matter what's going on in my life. Makes things a heck of lot more manageable, even if it's all a mental "power of preservation" thing to help get myself to the next step.

On a completely unrelated note, I think I'm going to call it quits tonight & end my blog post right here. I'm starting to get what should be known as "blogger bahongas." You consecutive multiple-hour bloggers KNOW what I'm talking about here. I actually have large red WELTS from sitting on the chair too long. Thank goodness I run or I'd really be in trouble! ;-)

Have a good night & keep running!

-C

1 comment:

Castaway said...

wow--you certainly are very well organized in your training and well-versed in the whole running thing! i came across your blog via spicypage and look forward to checking in on your progress; best wishes as you work towards your goals!

cheers!
castaway @ Run-a-bout!

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...