Saturday, August 18, 2007

0 Run 3, Week 4 (CT5K): All Hyped Up & Ready For More!


Print




I went running tonight at 11 pm with my fiancé, Erik, for the last run of Week 4 (CT5K). He was rather tired & had a sore ankle but graciously agreed to accompany me, since the run was so late at night. There was a really pleasant breeze & I had loads of energy.

Like Runs 1 & 2, I started out with a brisk 15-minute warmup walk, before launching into my intervals, & of course finished with the usual 5-minute cool down walk. (I've been using the extra time to prepare my rather "temperamental" knees for what lies ahead! They've been a tad bit tender at times this week, so I don't want to prematurely end my running by over-doing it & taxing them too much.)

After all of the hill training of the past few weeks that I did back in my hometown, tonight's run -- which had little elevation change -- seemed rather easy in comparison! I found that I kept wanting to go faster, but had to hold myself back at times in order to pace myself properly.

Truth be told, I don't feel tired at all right now. I'm so amped up! I feel like I could go out & do another run! Of course, now I'm completely wired from my late-night run & will have trouble going to sleep! But all the same, I feel fantastic! Wowowowowowow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...