Tuesday, August 21, 2007

0 Some Thoughts About The Situps & Pushups I Am Still Not Doing


Print



OK, that's certainly a guilty little title for a blog post, now isn't it? ;-)

Although I seem to be on schedule with my fitness & weight goals, I'm really slacking off in the situps & pushups department. OK, let's not hold back here: I haven't done ANY situps or pushups since I posted those short-term goals on the right side of this blog page. I've done some leg lifts, but let's be honest: That wasn't really on the original goal sheet. And let's just forget about weight-lifting; that hasn't even registered on my radar for the past month or so. ;-) OK, so maybe I am trying to bite off more than I can chew. I think I am just a tad bit overwhelmed by the mountain of tasks I have to complete in the upcoming months. Maybe I should scale back, & reprioritize.

Now what could possibly be keeping me from accomplishing these other minor goals? I am rather busy & truth be told, feeling a tad bit overwhelmed. Why would I possibly feel like that? Well, let's see. What is it again that I have to do over the next 6 months to a year?

Link to this page in a new windowLink to this page in a new windowLink to this page in a new window

(1) Run my own business. No scratch that, I run two businesses, & am about to embark upon a third. (A couture fashion business, a bridge line, and now, a tea company.) No, I am not insane. Just driven. And no, I hopefully won't be "driven insane" either. ;-) Oh, and speaking of which, I've got to calculate & file my estimated taxes (yes, one of the joys of being self-employed!), which are due sooner than I'd like.

(2) I have 19 lbs. left to lose in the next 4 months. No, actually, scratch that. I absolutely need to lose the weight so I can start trying on wedding gowns. I don't want to all of a sudden start uncontrollably braying or mooing before the wedding ceremony is about to start. ;-)

(3) I have to plan our entire wedding in the next 9 months. I haven't even started on the invitations yet. Barely even picked out a place. Of course, everyone tells me I should start that soon, or I might be getting married in my parents' backyard, or worse, my own backyard, which, by the way, is non-existent. Perish the thought. ;-) And oh, by the way, we also have to write our wedding vows by the end next week, which we haven't even started yet. Let the games begin!

(4) I have to prepare for an upcoming art gallery opening/exhibition/trunk show scheduled for the last weekend in September at the Sirani Gallery (I'm the featured artist), write my bio (which is something I'm dreading), do a final inventory count (something I'm dreading even more), order display equipment (very soon!), make new "Ferlanti Couture Collections" tags & then tag several hundred items with the new tags, and basically do several other tasks relating to the preparation of this show.

(5) Cook, clean the house, do laundry, do dishes, water the plants, sort through the mail, pay any outstanding bills, get my paperwork in order (I've been gone for 3 weeks & things tend to pile!), etc. I need to get caught up on the day-to-day stuff.


(6) I have five zillion blogs, (OK only a slight exaggeration), which although not a priority in my life, is something I still feel obligated to do on some level, if only for mental health reasons. ;-) I find, that along with running, it's a great way to unwind after a long, hectic day.



Now I'm absolutely SURE there are some things I missed on the list. My addled brain is just too tired to think of it all & record it for posterity. ;-)

OK, despite what you might think, this post wasn't an attempt to beat myself up. I'm not into self-flagellation. Perhaps just some self-deprecating humor! ;-)

As my father always likes to say, "Put one foot in front of the other, & just take one step at a time."

So, I will now attempt to make myself feel better about all of this. So, what am I doing RIGHT?

(1) Exercising diligently & consistently, despite the weather or any other factor. (Now THAT should be patently obvious from what I wrote in my previous post from earlier this evening.)
(2) Keeping calm despite the "storm" & trying to comfort others & keep them calm as well -- As I probably mentioned before, our family has a sick relative to take care of, & even though I've just left my parents' place after 3 weeks of helping out, I will probably be returning there at some point to continue helping & supporting my family.
(3) Eating relatively healthy since I returned from my parents. I had a few "snack attack" moments of black licorice eating, which isn't too fattening (although there's lots of refined sugar in there). Other than that, I've been eating very healthy foods -- Low-fat, low-salt, high protein & fiber.
(4) Working diligently on business-related activities every day.
(5) Cleaning up the house after my return, which is not something I like to do. And that's putting it mildly. I absolutely DEPLORE cleaning. I'm the type of person who thinks it's pointless to make your bed in the morning because you'll just get back into it later that evening. I can hear my mother cringing right now as I write this. ;-) I only make the bed when there's company coming over. Come to think of it, I also do a GREAT job of cleaning when I know there's going to be company coming over. I seem to clean best under duress, but I'm trying in earnest to change this. ;-) You see, even though I like to cook, I'm actually not very domestic. If I could, I'd pay someone to clean the house, vacuum, do the dishes, etc. (Since I live in the city & don't have a trusted cleaning lady, I basically don't trust anyone to come in & clean while I'm not at home. So back to option #1.) I run two (but soon-to-be three) businesses & lead a full social life, so it's hard to find time to take care of errands & cook, let alone clean!
(6) Being supportive of my mate's exercise program. OK, I do kid him a lot about the process, but when it comes down to it, I'm very happy to see him working out & getting into shape.

I'm sure there are more things to add to this list as well, but frankly I'm way too tired to keep writing. Have a good night!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...