Saturday, August 18, 2007

0 Weigh-In: Yea! I lost another pound!


Print




Yippee! I've lost another pound! That makes a total weight-loss of 4 lbs. in 6 days. Unbelieveable. This running thing is awesome! ;-)

Of course, I've run many times before, but for some reason, this time around I'm dropping the weight much faster than previous training periods. This time, the pounds feel like they're just magically dropping away. Of course, there's some effort involved on my part, but I feel like I should cross my fingers or something. I really hope things keep progressing in the same manner.

At this rate, I'll turn sideways & disappear by Valentine's Day. ;-)

Going by previous experience, the first few pounds usually come off fastest, and then once a plateau is reached, it gets progressively harder to lose those last few pounds. But alas, I am getting ahead of myself.

I can't wait to see what the next few weeks will yield. Hopefully, I can lose another several pounds in the next month of CT5K workouts. Realistically, I'm hoping to drop 2 lbs. a week. That'd mean, if everything goes according to planned, I would only have 11 lbs. to lose after the 2 month period, & I'd be way ahead of schedule. That'd leave 2 more months to lose 11 lbs. which I think is definitely do-able. That'd still leave more than enough time (5 months) to try on wedding dresses & hopefully get any necessary alterations done in time. So, am I nuts or is this doable? Any former brides care to comment on the realism of my timeline?

Of course, if I can keep going at the current rate (which is highly optimistic thinking at best, and possibly completely unrealistic at its worst!), I'll meet the deadline even faster. I honestly wouldn't mind dropping another 5 lbs. (in addition to the 25 lbs.) if there was additional time.

Notwithstanding my elation over the 4 lb.-weight loss, I'm still going to keep my energies concentrated on the fitness side of the equation. I figure if I focus on my re-discovered athleticism & the desire to eat & make healthy food, the weight-loss will naturally happen. As I said before, one thing is guaranteed: If I keep running, the weight will peel off me like bananas. ;-) OK, it's obviously a corny pun, but the point is that I can't fail if I just keep moving forward (& take extra good care of my knees/legs).

This is the attitude that has kept me running up those tough hills back at my parents' place (i.e., my hometown of an undisclosed, vast number of years). Even when I was at my most winded, I just kept saying to myself, "Keep going, just keep going. You can keep running forward." It's also the attitude that's going to take me forward to my next set of goals.

I think if you've got the determination to make your goals happen -- if you make them a priority -- you WILL succeed.

The "keep moving forward, no matter what" attitude in running is also an analogous parallel to what's required of all of us in life, in order to lead a sane, happy existence. Sometimes we falter (& not all of us face change in the same way), but ultimately, we need to keep moving forward. The same persistence, determination, & discipline required to be successful in sports, also helps make you stronger in other areas of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...