Wednesday, September 12, 2007

0 A Change of Plans (& Perhaps Some New Strategies Too!)


Print





I've decided not to run tonight & to instead double up my runs tomorrow (once again!), since my first workout tomorrow will be much lighter (i.e., only 8 minutes total time of running). That way, I'll be nice & warmed up for my longer (28 minute) run. Plus, it's just way too late to run & at this early stage, I'm not quite sure it's a good thing to be running 5 days a week. My body (or more specifically, my joints!) just might not be ready to handle that sort of pounding just yet. (After all, who am I kidding?! It takes a while to achieve this level of conditioning.....)

So, it looks like I might just double up on my CT5K runs on Tuesday & Thursday (Week 1 with my friend, Week 8 on my own), & then just do either a Saturday or Sunday workout.

The only thing I'm worried about is my knees, which were a tad bit sore yesterday, for the very first time in a very long time, probably since before I started the CT5K workouts. The extra time spent pounding the pavement, however little it might be, just might not be a good idea right now.

Will have to think over this strategy over a bit, but will try doubling up just for tomorrow & will wait to see what happens.

The throat is still slightly scratchy too, so it's probably better to rest tonight, atleast for the short-term!

Have a good night!
-C

P.S. Perhaps I should reread some of those chapters from Chi Running, eh? It couldn't hurt. Anything to stay injury-free. After all, the point is to keep running. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...