Sunday, September 16, 2007

0 Here's What's Next......


Print



As soon as I found out that I would be leaving suddenly this past Thursday afternoon for an unexpected trip back to my hometown, I contacted my running partner (who just started the CT5K running program), who said she'd continue the program on her own until I return to town.

Speaking of which, I just emailed her this evening to ask how her runs went. Hope they went well for her & that she feels good about her initial accomplishments. I know I'm certainly proud of her for getting out there & working out!

Well, I'm back in town now, so it looks like my friend & I will be running again this upcoming week.

Since I'll be running the first few weeks of the CT5K program with my friend while concurrently, finishing up the last portion of the same running program (i.e., Week 9) & then starting a new running program on my own, I've decided to double up my workouts on Tuesdays & Thursdays, (& then just run my solo runs once on Saturday or Sunday), so as not to put too much stress on the knees & other joints. The legs definitely need a day off of rest right now, so I figured this is the best way to get in both program weeks without overdoing it.

Thankfully, the overall running time of the first few weeks of the CT5K program is minimal, as compared to the 28-30 minute solo runs I'm doing. So, until my friend & I reach Day 3 of Week 5 (i.e., the first solid, 20 minutes of running), I'll continue to double up my workouts on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Then for Day 3 of Week 5 & the remaining weeks (6-9), I'll just add however many minutes I need to run to reach my daily overall running time goals. Sure, it'll be a bit choppy stopping & starting two different sets of runs, but atleast that way, I hopefully won't overdo it.

So, this upcoming week I'll (hopefully) be running Week 2 of the CT5K program with my friend & Week 9 on my own. Can't believe I'm almost done with this program!

I still have to peruse the Cool Running forums to check out other programs & figure out what I'm going to do next. For those of you who are CT5K veterans, now's your chance to crow about post-CT5K programs that you've found to be especially useful in your quest for increased fitness beyond the realm of CT5K! So feel free to recommend your favorite post-CT5K running program! I'd love to hear from you & would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...