Friday, September 14, 2007

1 Run 2, Week 8 (CT5K): Back in My Hometown Again


Print



Well, I wish I could say that I back in my hometown for joyous reasons, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Those of you who have been regularly following my foodie blog might remember that I mentioned I'd been home on several prior occasions to help care for my grandfather & will probably already get a sense of where I'm going with this....

Anyhow, as I was saying, I came into town again because my grandfather is not doing well at all, & we're not sure how much time he has left. As I'm a very private person, I'm not going to go into the details, but suffice to say that I drove in tonight with a lot of my mind.

I left my place around 4:30 pm today (i.e., Thursday), arriving in my hometown at around 7:15 pm. Of course I went straight to the hospital. A while later, my family & I went around the corner to catch a quick bite to eat, & then I headed out for a run around 10 pm. (I didn't get the chance to go earlier, as I'd hastily thrown some things into a suitcase & raced out the door.)

Frankly, I don't really feel like talking about tonight's run (except to say that I really needed it & it went well). It seems somewhat trivial in comparison to the other things going on in our family right now.

After the run, I went straight back to the hospital & stayed there a while. It was fairly late when we got back, so I'm going to wrap up this post & go to sleep.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who's recently posted comments on my blogs. Under the current circumstances, I don't know when I'll get around to responding to these comments, but I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate your comments, as well as the time & effort you took in posting them.

Please know that I'm planning on properly thanking the two awesome blogger pals who recently honored with blog/blogger awards. When I get the chance, I promise that I will definitely write a big thank-you post & leave comments on your blogs. I'm very grateful & honored by your awards. Thank you so very much!

Have a good night!
-C

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

I wanted to thank you for your comments about my Ashton on my blog the other day. I felt your happy, sweet thoughts & I'm sending them right back to you and your family :)

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...