Friday, September 14, 2007

2 Weigh-In: Some Good News!


Print



I have some good news on two counts: First, my grandfather seems to be doing a bit better today, which is somewhat of a relief.

The second piece of good news is related to my fitness/weight-loss goals: I hopped on the scale this morning & got some good news: I lost another 2.45 pounds since I last weighed myself (on 9/5/07). So that's 2.45 pounds lost in 9 days. Not bad. I think the extra few minutes I ran last night might've helped a tiny bit. Who knows. (I ran a total of about 35 minutes last night instead of the alloted 28 minutes I was supposed to run this week.)



Also, I went below my first zero marker on the scale. That means I've now lost of total of 10.25 pounds total since I first started the CT5K program. YEA!

I've now got 15 pounds left to go. At the rate I'm going (1.28 lbs per week), I could potentially lose the rest of the weight & then some (i.e., a potential, additional loss of 16.47 lbs.) in the next 3 months. Of course, as I'm writing this & saying it out loud, I can hear my mother saying that I might reach a plateau at some point, but I'm not going to let that change my determination.

My attitude is that I'll deal with that issue if & when I come across it. But for right now, I'm just very pleased to have accomplished not only a 10.25 lb. weight loss, but also major improvements in my overall fitness & sense of well-being. So there!

Of course, emotions are a day-to-day kind of thing. And lately, to be honest, it's been a lot of mixed "happy-sad" type of feelings for obvious reasons. (If you have no clue what I'm talking about, you can read my earlier post to see the reasons why.)

Even though I was feeling rather sad & noncommunicative yesterday (as evidenced in my last post), which is natural, given the current circumstances (i.e., the state of my grandfather), I'm generally trying to stay positive. I'm doing this not just for my own benefit, but also for the sake of my grandfather & my family.

Now I'm not talking about being some fake, chipper person like bounces up & down like some hyperactive cheerleader, but rather, being a quiet force of calm & good thoughts.

Got to go now. So have a nice evening!
-C

2 comments:

cymrusteve said...

Excellent news all round! Keep up the great work on the weight loss....if you reach the plateau, accept it, and try and add something slightly different into your training regime. It will probably shock your body and kick start the calorie burn again.

Later,

--Steve

Missladybug said...

Corey, you have again been awarded the FAB award of Rockin' Girl blogger!! Congrats on reaching a major goal. Keep on inspiring others! Pick up your award at http://ladybugandco.blogspot.com/2007/09/sakes-alive-another-award.html

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...