Tuesday, October 2, 2007

0 Fitness Tip #1: The Longer Warmup, A Staple of Colder Weather Workouts


Print



Although my warm-up walk is often the requisite 5-minute period, I sometimes like to give myself extra warm-up time (i.e., 10-15+ minutes), when I find my body needs it.

For example: Today, I was having some weird alignment issues in my joints & my muscles were also a bit colder starting out. Also, since it's getting colder outside, it's not an uncommon practice to allow your body the extra time to sufficiently warm up the muscles. This is really important, and is a key ingredient to injury prevention.

I did this during my CT5K workouts, & will continue to do it when necessary, for the BOHR workouts & beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...