Sunday, October 14, 2007

2 Run 3, Week 3 (BOHR): I'm Getting Stronger & My Runs Are Getting Longer


Print





Today I ran in the park with Erik around 11 am or so. It was in the fifties. We were supposed to run a circuit of 30 minutes, but went a little farther than the usual half way point, & so I ran an extra 8 minutes or so, to get back to the starting point. The reason I say I, and not we, is that Erik resprained his ankle on the way back, & so I ended up finishing the last mile and a half on my own.

His ankle has been giving him some trouble on & off lately & it didn't help that he landed on it in a not-so-good position when he was crossing one of the wooden bridges about 2 1/4 miles into our run. I saw him hobbling as I turned around & doubled back to meet him on the final stretch of his walk. Understandably, he looked rather pissed off. To quote him, he "just can't seem to catch a break" with his ankle.

We just got home from our run & some subsequent grocery errands. So right now, he needs to RICE (rest, ice, compress, elevate) his ankle.

As for my part, I had a pretty good run. I still had some pep left during the additional 8 minutes of running, & sprinted to the finish with some moderate vigor. It wasn't as fast as I normally sprint to the finish, but since the run ended on a big hill, I did the best I could & gave what I had left in me!

Well, I still haven't done my strength workout (!), but plan to lift this Monday. In addition to lifting, I'll be doing sit-ups & push-ups. I'm hoping that once I get the first strength workout under my belt, that it'll get easier to continue. I don't know what my problem is, because in the past, I used to look forward to weight-lifting, as it was something I was good at doing. Not to sound cocky, but it's been my experience that I'm naturally much stronger than a lot of women out there, even when I'm not lifting at all. ("Ja, I break you in two, like ein kleiner twig!" ;-) )

Well, the procrastination ends this Monday. That's it! No more B.S. As the Nike commercial says, "Just do it."

2 comments:

cymrusteve said...

Great run, but I must admit I laughed at the "Well, I still haven't done my strength workout (!)" comment!

Me too....but I do plan on doing something tomorrow night too!

We can compare notes Monday evening ok?

--Steve

Brigitte said...

thank you for stopping by my blog and for the great advice.

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...