Friday, October 26, 2007

1 Run 3, Week 5 (BOHR): Putting the Rain Behind Me!


Print





I deserve a few extra gold stars for the two back-to-back runs I did today & yesterday. First of all, today was my first time running back-to-back runs since I first began my training. Second of all, I ran in the pouring raining & the cold. And last of all (but certainly not least of all!), I ran another 48-50 minutes, starting at 4 pm today. (Since my iPod died on me during the last mile or so, I'm not sure of the exact time, but going by the courtyard clock I checked as I ran by, I think it's a fairly accurate estimate.)

To make the run even more fun (!), it started to pour even harder during the last two miles. (I'm being extremely sarcastic, in case you didn't notice! ;-) )

To make things even more interesting (!), my flimsy water-resistant jacket didn't have a hood (!), although I did have one of those fleece headbands to cover my ears. But no matter, neither article of clothing kept me dry in the least.

Since water-resistant is anywhere near the same thing as waterproof (!), you can imagine exactly how drenched I was! Of course, water-resistant garments are only meant for a few minutes of water exposure, not 50 minutes of wet-weather running! Not exactly great for running.

My sneakers & socks were also ridiculously water-logged. After the run, I pretty much had to wring out all of my clothes & hang them to dry.

So, of course, I was as soaked as a drenched rat by the time I was done! Couldn't wait to change out of those icky wet clothes!

Especially with the cold, rainy weather we've been having as of late, I'm definitely going to invest in a waterproof shell with a hood which is especially made for inclement-weather running.

Lesson learned!

All in all, I'm just happy that I was able to squeeze in my final run of week. And frankly, I'm so relieved that this week of rainy runs is finally over & done with now! Yea!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

cymrusteve said...

Way to gut it out during nasty conditions today! If your running weather was anything like our driving to DC weather today, I can only sympathize with you.

I like to run in any weather conditions. You never know what it's going to be like on race day, and as I say to my wife "If you don't train in it, you can't race in it!"

I must say though, with the right choice of clothing, most people are able to run comfortable in any weather conditions - wet, cold, hot and humid....

Nice work!

--Steve

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...