Tuesday, November 13, 2007

2 Yet Another 1.6 Pounds Lost!


Print





Last night's treadmill run must've done the trick! I hopped on the scale & was pleasantly surprised to find out I'd dropped another 1.6 lbs & decreased by body fat percentage by 1.5%. That second piece of news is an even more welcome development than the first! All in all, it's fantastic news!

I now am happy to report that I have a mere 8.4 pounds left to lose (to be closer to the proper athletic weight for competition -- please keep in mind that this is a different set of standards than the normal weight tables most people use), but still have a ways to go before I reach the body fat range of female athletes. My current percentage won't be revealed anytime soon either! So don't hold your breath for that information either! ;-)

Classification Women (% fat) Men (% fat)
Essential Fat 10-12% 2-4%
Athletes 14-20% 6-13%
Fitness 21-24% 14-17%
Acceptable 25-31% 18-25%
Obese 32% plus 25% plus

I read somewhere recently (perhaps it was in Runner's World) about how supposedly "thin" or "thin-looking" people can still be unfit or have a higher-than-recommended body fat ratio.

Well, folks, I think the latter option might very well apply to me.

And so yes, even though I might appear to be thin on the outside, I still have a way higher-than-recommended body fat ratio for my body frame & size, which isn't exactly healthy.

And likewise, if ever my weight was to be publicly revealed, which it will never be, not in the near future or ever (!), you might be surprised at how high the number is on the scale.

People may look at my exterior & think, "Whaaa? She's thin. She doesn't have fat to lose," I will tell you honestly & realistically that this is a complete fallacy. Just ask my fat scale. It'll tell you otherwise! ;-) It's probably still groaning & complaining about me stepping on it. Heheheheheh.

What people often forget when they look at other people is that one's state of health is just as much about what's happening on the inside, as what people physically can see on the outside. In fact, what people can see on the outside is usually not even half the story of what's actually going on with your body.

OK, well now that we've established that, let's talk about the bigger picture. So, now to discuss goals. In particular, I'd like to do a brief review of some of my current health, weight management, & fitness goals.

Weight/body fat percentage goals: Once I lose the 8.4 pounds, I might see if I can shed an extra 5 lbs. of fat, but we'll cross that bridge once we get there. After all, muscle weighs more than fat, so I might even gain weight through a more intensified strength training regimen, which is OK by me. I just want to get rid of the excess fat, because it'll slow down my pace.

As for fitness goals, I've got 3 more weeks until the end of my current running program (BOHR), and then I need to find something new to replace it. Hopefully, I'll be able to consistently run atleast 6 miles in an hour (or a 10-minute mile pace). I know, that for many runners it might seem like nothing to crow about, but right now for me, that's a very modest & readily attainable goal. As distances gradually increase, times usually slow down, so right now, I'm just trying to build my way up to 10 miles. If I could do 10 miles at a 10 minute pace, atleast for starters, I'd be very pleased. I hope to accomplish this over the next 4-5 months or possibly sooner. I'm sure that reaching the 10 miles probably won't be as hard as whittling down the times for those 5 miles!

Regarding health goals, I am going to make a point of going to the doctor more often. Also, while my nutritional consumption is fairly good, I still need to seriously improve the regularity of my vitamin pill intake. I keep forgetting to take my vitamins, even though I have them in this really snazzy, 30-day pill container.

On the subject of forgetfulness, I also seem to be eternally "forgetting" to do my strength workouts. I still haven't put them on the calendar, so maybe I really need to start doing that to help me "remember"! Part of the reason for this is that it's still not ingrained as part of my subconsciously heeded workout routine.

OK, that about does it for today's post.

Sayanara for now.

-C

2 comments:

Dane said...

Congrats. Few things more annoying than when you do lose fat or weight and people say" You have none to lose!"

Amanda said...

Great job! I would say be sure to have someone besides your scale measure your BF, a lot of times the scales can be off.

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...