Monday, February 18, 2008

3 I'm Back! Am I Starting All Over Again?! Let's Hope Not!


Print



Hello All,

I realize it's been exactly 10 days since my last post, & I'm finally feeling strong enough to the point where I can consider walking & perhaps even running. My lungs are the chief issue, as they are still not 100%, although the rest of me is certainly feeling a whole lot better. (I'm 99.9999% percent sure that I had bronchitis or some sort of upper respiratory infection, which either way, really takes a toll on the lungs.) My appetite is definitely back, & while I may've lost several pounds during my illness, I know that it's not the kind of weight-loss that's permanent nor advisable to get too excited about, as it didn't come about via normal, healthy means. Of course, the key factor of importance is really my body-fat percentage, which strangely enough, went up slightly during my illness, despite my overall lack of food intake during this period! This seems to be a common inverse coupling of late: When my weight goes down, my BF goes up & vice versa.

In fact, it looks like I've actually re-gained most of the body fat percentage points I'd lost on 2/4/08, and also have regained the few pounds I'd lost during my illness. Right now, I'm just thankful that these figures have stabilized and that I haven't gained any additional weight or BF thus far.

Another matter of concern is the very probable loss of muscle tone, which under the recent circumstances, could not be helped. Of course, muscle tone can be rebuilt. And so I shall rebuild it, in due course.

Of more concern right now is my overall state of aerobic fitness. I'm hoping that I haven't lost too much of it during my illness. Even if I have, there's nothing I can do about it now except rebuild it (just like my strength/muscle tone), so there's no sense dwelling upon what's been lost or lamenting over events past. So it looks like no matter where I have to start, that's where I'll begin.

Of course, there's only one way to find out about my current fitness level -- by going for a run, which I'm very tempted to do today, since it's a very pleasant 59 degrees outside!

Anyhow, enough talk, time for some action. Today's a holiday, President's Day, so I'm going to see if, after breakfast, I can convince Erik (my fiancé) to join me for a run today.

If you've got the day off today, I hope that you are enjoying it!

3 comments:

fatmanrunning said...

well I am glad to hear you are feeling better. My advice, if it is worth anything. Take it slow for this first week.

ebsfwan said...

Good to hear you are over the illness.

cyberpenguin said...

Thanks fatmanrunning & ebsfwan for your well-wishes & support!

Fatmanrunning, thanks for the sage advice. That's exactly what I plan to do. ;-)

Hope you're both staying healthy/well!

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...