Thursday, March 20, 2008

9 All Quiet on The Western Front..... ;-)


Print



Hello Readers,

I'm just dropping in to say "Hello" & to reassure you that I haven't dropped off the end of the universe. ;-)

The reason you have heard nary a peep from moi over the past few weeks is that I haven't been running or working out at all, & I didn't exactly feel like posting about that. ;-)

Also, I'm not the kind of person who's going to post just for the sake of posting.
I prefer to write honest & inspired posts, so if that kind of energy isn't naturally coming out of me at the moment, I'd rather take a break from blogging & wait for "the muse" to return.

That's why it's rare to find posts on this blog that begin with statements like
"Today, I eat a banana & read the paper....." ;-)

While it's undeniably true that life is a concrete sequence of events, I find that it's the "stuff behind the stuff" that truly interests me. Yes, there's certainly a lot of humanity in the fact that we all get up in the morning, eat breakfast (or atleast many of us do!), & go about our daily routines, but that's not what I'm going to write about here. Well, let me further refine that statement: I might write about the humanity of it all, but providing you with a serialized report of everyday events & objects -- without the benefit of any personal commentary -- would just be so... dull. It's the exploration of the "Why?" & the "How" more than the "What?" that truly interests me.


So, if you ever find that it's quiet here, & you're starved for content, you're always welcome to check out my other blogs.

Speaking of which, you'll find there are a lot of new posts on my foodie blog, Cook. Eat. Drink. Blog. As of late, I've been feeling rather inspired to cook & create brand new, all-original recipes, so you might want to have a look & check them out.

For those of you who aren't yet familiar with its concept, my foodie blog centers around healthy, gourmet recipes and useful nutrition- & cooking-related information. But it's not just another food blog. It's an inspired food blog, containing several original recipes of my own creation. You'll also learn how to rework existing recipes into much tastier & healthier versions of themselves. I believe that the concepts of "healthy eating" & "gourmet food" are much better when joined together. (Hey, that rhymes! ;-) )

So if you try any of the recipes, let me know how they turn out for you!

9 comments:

Abimars said...

Hello.....

Off to get some recipes now.....

cyberpenguin said...

Hi Abi,

Hope you enjoy reading my foodie blog!

-C

Dane said...

I am glad you share my affinity for not saying something unless you have something to say!

TexasTesla said...

Hmm, had wondered why you disappeared. Very understandable that you don't want to write just for the sake of writing! Especially given how focussed this blog is...

I'm so thrilled, I was finally able to get back to running this past week. Wasn't huge distances, but I've lost less than I thought I would. Always a plus.

cyberpenguin said...

Thanks, Dane! BTW, I left a comment on your blog about your speaking tour. Am so very excited for you about this opportunity! Would love to hear you speak at some point along your tour. Will they allow the general public to attend, or only the members of the various health clubs?

----------------------------------

Hi TexasTesla,

Great to hear you're back to running again. Every step is progress, so great job!

Think I'll do the same as you, & "get back into the game" of running by taking that first step today. Plus, I don't want to end up like some arm-chair running enthusiast, who sits on their duff sheepishly writing about running-related topics as a mere observer! LOL.

Speaking of which, today's supposed to be in the low 50's here. It certainly looks like a beautiful sunny day! Perfect for running. Time for me to get outside & experience it. ;-)

So, is it nice outside today where you live? Are you planning any runs this week?

----------------------------------
Dane & TexasTesla,

Glad that both of you agree about the idea of "quality over quantity." I try very hard to provide quality content, & it's nice to know that you're appreciative of these efforts.

While this blog is focused mainly on running-related topics & sports nutrition, sometimes it's been quite tempting to wander off-topic & post about other things. ;-) Would love to have an outlet for blogging about general stuff, but have got enough blogs (i.e., 4 of them) as is! So many blogs, so little time. ;-)

While I realize that limiting the focus might very well limit the audience, that's OK by me. Ultimately, there's more value in having a faithful segment of blog participants, who are truly interested in its content & who hopefully also enjoy communicating with both me & the community of people who frequent the blog.

Speaking of participants: At last count (i.e., today, 3/24/08), this blog has had 9528 hits/visits since its inception, & now has 82 subscribers (i.e., 67 readers subscribing via RSS, & 15 who subscribe via email), which is pretty amazing, considering the scope of this blog.

So thanks again so much for your comments & your continued interest in this blog! And while I'm at it, I'd like to say thank you to everybody who's visited, commented, & subscribed! 8-)

-C

Spider63 said...

You have so many ads and plug-ins on your blog that even with DSL it took forever to load.

I would like to visit, but I don't have all day to deal with the numerous stuff that is loading...

Thanks!

TexasTesla said...

Hey Corey!

Still quiet on the running front?

My son and I did a 5k this weekend. Not steller times, but still better than last year's pace on the same course. I'll take it. :-)

cyberpenguin said...

Hi Spider,

Thanks for your comments & pointing out this issue. What's weird is that the page seems to load OK for other people, or so it would seem. This is the first time anyone's ever mentioned this issue to me. (I've got a cable modem, & the images load very quickly for me, even when I'm not logged into Blogger.) Anyone else out there experiencing this?

Spider, you're welcome to subscribe to this blog's RSS feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/seecoreyrun) instead of viewing the live page, which would resolve this issue for you. ;-)

-C
----------------------------------

Hi TexasTesla,

Nice to hear from you again! Congrats on running a 5K race with your son. That's fabulous!

Thanks for asking about me. To answer your question, I actually did run twice last week, but didn't post due to high levels of busy-ness. ;-) Will probably end up adding quick little blurbs about those runs & back-dating those posts! ;-)

Great to hear you're running again. Your efforts are an inspiration to all of us!

-C

Steve and Des said...

Hi Corey,
I've been training for the 10 mile Broad Street Run in Philly on May 4, which will be the longest I've ever done. Pretty confident I'll be ready, but it will definitely be a challenge!

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...