Thursday, May 8, 2008

3 Run 2, Week 5 (CT5K): That's No Misprint In The Title -- There's A Reason This Workout Smacks of Déjà Vu ;-)


Print




It was raining outside, so my friend joined me for an indoor workout on the treadmills. While I was waiting for her to arrive, I managed to squeeze in 50 sit-ups, & various arm exercises with 5 lb. free-weights. Since I already did the same workout on Tuesday (albeit without my running buddy, due to her sore knee!), I decided to keep things interesting by challenging myself a bit more -- I increased the speed & incline on the treadmill (to higher than usual levels) during the running intervals. We had a good workout, although my friend's knee was still rather sore & puffy. I'm not so sure it's a such great idea for her to be running right now, as it's probably putting additional pressure/stress on her already-inflamed knee. She's going to play it by ear & see how she feels next Tuesday.

OK, that's a wrap.

3 comments:

Blaine Moore said...

I figure that it is better to be undertrained than over trained - when things are hurt or swollen I cut back.

TexasTesla said...

You didn't over do the extra speed/incline though, right? Sometimes doing extra can be a bad thing you know. :-)

cyberpenguin said...

OK, from now on I'm going to take a "page" from Abi's blog & respond to people's comments using Twitter-speak (i.e., @ symbols):

@Blaine: Wise words. Couldn't have said it better myself. I think my running buddy should stay off her swollen knee, & have told her so myself. ;-) I also advised her to take some ibuprofen & ice the knee to reduce the swelling (i.e., RICE, etc.).

@TT: Who me, the queen of moderation, overdo it?! ;-) Hahahahaha. But seriously, I felt fine the next day, but thanks for your concern.

And anyhow, it was only a slight increase in the incline. It's not like I was running vertically. LOL. As for the speed, it wasn't break-neck, only challenging to a manageable realistic degree. ;-)

So how are your workouts coming along? Did you see my questions for you on previous posts?! ;-)

-C

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...