Wednesday, May 7, 2008

3 Training Notes & Observations


Print



At present, I'm focusing on taking baby steps to rebuild my running fitness & stamina. Most of you who regularly follow this blog already know how I fell off the bandwagon after a several-week-long bout with illness, & have been struggling ever since to get back on course. The good news is that as I keep going, the struggle is not so much of a struggle anymore. ;-) I feel like I'm ever-so-gradually returning to the joy of running, & am feeling more & more motivated every day to workout & keep my running/fitness commitments. Note, I didn't say everything was perfect (yes, I know, I didn't run last weekend!), but the fact that I went ahead & ran by myself when my running buddy couldn't join me is evidence that I'm moving in the right direction.

Also, the new job will hopefully give my day a bit more formalized, external structure to my day, which is always helpful towards further solidifying one's running routine. While my fashion consulting services, jewelry businesses, freelance writing gigs, & various (i.e., 5) blogs, have certainly kept me busy, I welcome the chance to step away from the computer & see the light of day on a more regular basis! ;-) OK, I'm only (somewhat!) kidding, but right now, I do miss having co-workers & can't wait to re-engage in a prototypical work environment. The rhythm of life is very different when you run your own businesses, & freelance/consult.

Incidentally, I plan to continue my consulting & freelance gigs, although my jewelry businesses are going to be in an indefinite holding pattern. All of these professional activities will definitely be taking a back seat to my new job; that's for sure! And of course, I do plan to continue blogging in my spare time, that is, when I'm not running & enjoying the outdoors, or doing a multitude of other activities!

But anyhow, back to the running: My overall approach hasn't changed. The plan is to take one step at a time, & not jump the gun. I'm going to exercise & eat in moderation, & strive for balance (versus perfection!), putting all of what I've learned to good use.

Once I've established a regular running regimen, & have also built up my overall body & core strength), I'll then start running shorter road race distances again, slowly working my way up to the marathon distance, & then eventually entering my very first marathon race. But of course, I don't want to get ahead of myself. First things first!

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Glad to see you are getting back into the groove of the running.

chris said...

Hi,

We have recently launched a {myfitnessequipment | mysportnutrition } choose one which is most appropriate blog/site and we are looking
to spread the word and get in contact with similar websites to ours to
promote relevant blogs and websites.

Please email me at chriss714@gmail.com

Thanks
Chris

cyberpenguin said...

Thanks, Andrew! Hope you're having a great week of running too!

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...