Saturday, June 14, 2008

4 New Couch-to-5K Site


Print





Just thought I'd mention to those of you who're interested that there's a new Couch-to-5K running site, http://c25k.com. It's a centralized resource for everything, CT5K/C25K. ;-) (It includes the original CT5k/C25K link from the Cool Running website, as well as several other resources (podcasts, CT5K running forums, post-CT5K running plans, etc.). IMHO, the only thing they're missing is a link to a CT5K blog directory! [And of course that list should include Abi's blog & my own. ;-) ]

For those of you who aren't familiar with this running plan, it's a gradual progression of interval training that literally takes you from "couch" to "5K" in 9 weeks.

I've personally used the program to get back into running (a few times in fact!), although you don't have to have any previous running experience to do the program. You can start off as a newbie runner who's never so much as run a lap & still be able to complete the program.

The great thing about the program is that it's moderate & gradual. I honestly didn't feel sore after any of the workouts, & that's the whole point. And for that reason alone, it's the ideal way to introduce or reintroduce yourself to running!

I highly recommend the program! (Of course, as a legal disclaimer, please be sure to seek the advice of a physician before beginning any workout program.)

4 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I can endorse that site too. I used them when I started running this year. I can definitely endorse C25K. I went from a couch potato to running 16km this morning. :)

Abby said...

This is an awesome recommendation. I'm bopping over to that website now. Especially great to have a choice of different music and workouts when you need to keep it exciting. Thanks. Love your blog.

Jessica said...

Love this program!! I downloaded an app for my ipod touch for it and its awesome!

I started Week 3 this morning.. I was so proud of myself at the end for being able to run a solid 3 minutes... twice! I know it's not a lot, but for someone who absolutely despised gym class as a kid (although not at all overweight), I think it's pretty darn great! hehe

Check out my progress at my food and fitness blog! I'd love to have your feedback!

www.runningfromcupcakes.com

Cyberpenguin said...

That's fantastic, Jessica! Good for you! A lot of people have found C25K has helped them greatly, especially when it comes to motivation & exercise consistency. It's a great way to start out running. :)

Thanks for your comment. I look forward to checking out your blog!

-C

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...