Tuesday, July 15, 2008

3 D2W2 (HPC): It's Definitely Getting More Challenging Now!


Print



In keeping with my original plan, I did my pushups not too long after tonight's run. (Or, more accurately, my usual pattern is to run, blog about it, then do my pushups, & then blog about that. I find it's best to blog soon after each workout, in order to best capture the immediacy of the experience on paper . ;-) )

Today, I completed Day 2 of Week 2 of the Day Hundred Pushups Challenge (HPC): 3, 7, 11 pushups (with a 90 sec. rest in between each interval). I didn't have to rest for the full amount between the first two intervals, but I did rest for about a minute between the second & third/final intervals. I didn't start to tire until about the 9th or 10th pushup of the final set, but my arms were definitely feeling it afterwards. ;-)

3 comments:

kchealy said...

I think you might be doing the plan wrong. From reading Steve's blog, it seems like you're supposed to go down the columns (5 sets) instead of across the rows (3 sets). See this recent post: http://www.runbulldogrun.com/abs/puma-push-ups-mcmillan-abs/

Good luck with the program, I'm trying it too.

cyberpenguin said...

Ooops, I just checked the hundredpushups site & read the directions more carefully, & it looks like you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out.

No wonder it felt a bit too easy. ;-)

Well, it looks like I'll be restarting the program from scratch after all.

So how're you finding the program so far? Hope it's going well for you!

-C

kchealy said...

Well, I'm just on week 1 so far - I've completed day 1 and day 2. I'll try day 3 either tomorrow or Saturday...I hope to make it through that one as well. I'm sure at some point I'll have to repeat a week though as it gets tougher.

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...