Sunday, July 27, 2008

4 HPTP (D2W2): Too Much Pride, Not Enough Strength!


Print



Today's pushups workout called for intervals of 16, 13, 11, 11, & a max of atleast 15 pushups. Here's what I did: 16, 13, 13, 11, 25.

Well, truthfully, the last set was more like 15 consecutive pushups, & then "struggle, struggle," arms collapsing, & then the rest of me lying prostrate like one of those rather unfortunate bears who end up as a decorate rug in someone's log cabin home. I paused in this position for about 5 seconds (in which there was a bit of light-headed wooziness, a bit of heavy breathing, & a slight sigh!), & then proceeded to do 5 more pushups , (which was again followed by another slight pause & more struggling), & then rather painfully eked out 5 final pushups, before collapsing into a warm & somewhat tingly, hurting heap.

Call it pride, or whatever you want, but today I just was not going to quit until I'd repeated my previous feat of 25 pushups as my max set. It didn't matter that I'd be doing a total of 9 more pushups for the first 4 intervals. And yes, I know that I really struggled to maintain my previous "record," but it was worth it. Yes, it's all about the bragging rights. Hahahahaha. JUST kidding.

Honestly, the real reason is that I just wouldn't be able to face myself had I not put in every last ounce of effort to meet this extrapolated goal which was fixed in my head like an immovable object. And I'd be somewhat ashamed to have to write about doing a workout in which I really just didn't give it my best effort.

Right now, I feel like pancake-thin roadkill that's been squashed into oblivion from one too many cars "ba-dump-dumping" over that same spot in the road. ;-)

Thank goodness that I've got another day off today! Time for chilling & resting the arms. Ahhhhh.

Yes, that little unrecognizable pile of jelly recovering in the corner would be me. ;-)

-C

4 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Aah, the pressures of working out with a 'virtual' audience eh!

cyberpenguin said...

Hahahahaha! I laughed so hard at your comment, there were tears in my eyes!

cymrusteve said...

Haha! The virtual audience has kept me going on more than one occasion too!

Well done for persevering, gritting your teeth and getting the job done.

Enjoy the victory and good luck on the next sufferfest!

--Steve

Eric Gervase said...

The good 'ole... "How am I gonna blog about this?" workout. It'll get you every time. :)

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...