Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2 Run 1, Week 5 (BOHR): Fastest 5K Pace Yet!


Print





Stats:
Weather Conditions:
Temp: 73° FHumidity: 71%
Warm-up Walk:Start Time: 8:02 pm
Distance: 0.31 miTime: 5:02 minAvg Pace: 15:51 min/miCalories Burned: 33
Run:
Start Time:
8:08 pm
Distance: 3.13 miTime: 31:15 minAvg Pace: 9:57 min/miCalories Burned: 326
Cool-down walk:
Start Time: 8:40 pmDistance: 0.30 miTime: 5:01 min
Avg Pace: 16:20 min/miCalories Burned: 32

Some of you might've noticed that I never quite got around to blogging about last night's workout. That's because it didn't happen. Yes, the workout that was supposed to happen yesterday happened today instead. And as you can tell from last night's posts, I was having just a little bit too much fun blogging last night, & spent a bit longer than expected on that particular activity. :-) Upon realizing that I had to get up very early the next day, I decided it was better to go to sleep soon after the blogging, in order to get 8 hrs of rest, & just postpone the running until the following day..... The alternative would've been a very late night treadmill workout. Actually, it would've been more like "treadmill sleepwalking." ;-) And that just wasn't going to happen.

Anyhow, fast forwarding to tonight, I did another run around the lake (a.k.a., my go-to running spot!), & was pleasantly surprised to find that it didn't feel humid outside at all, despite the 71% humidity reading that I recorded after the fact. It was really mild out this evening, & I was really looking forward to seeing what I could accomplish in today's 30-minute workout.

Well, I've got a lot of good news to report: Apparently, I keep getting faster (& fitter!). According to my Nike+iPod, I ran sub 10-minute miles, or to be exact, an average pace of 9:57 min/mi. I'm really happy that this (i.e., a sub-10!) is starting to be a regular occurrence. 8-) My goal of running 9 minute-miles (i.e., that'd be a 5K in 27:57!) is seeming closer & closer. Of course, in order for me to improve even more, I've got to lengthen my distances in order to improve my shorter distance times.

Well, it's already 9:31 pm, so I'm going to make this a short blogging session tonight. Have a great night!

-C

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I'm sure you could have run in your sleep!

Congrats on the pace improvements. It's quite rewarding to see effort pay off.

cyberpenguin said...

Thanks, Andrew! Hahahaha, I don't know about the sleep-running though; that scene might've looked like one of those fast-motion animated reels where the cartoon character gets sucked under the treadmill a few times. ;-)

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...