Wednesday, July 16, 2008

1 Run 2, Week 5 (BOHR): More Night Running!


Print





Stats:
Weather Conditions:
Temp: 71° FHumidity: 74%
Warm-up Walk:Start Time: 9:31 pm
Distance: 0.39 miTime: 6:03 minAvg Pace: 15:28 min/miCalories Burned: 40
Run:
Start Time:
9:38 pm
Distance: 3.11 miTime: 32:05 minAvg Pace: 10:17 min/miCalories Burned: 324
Cool-down walk:
Start Time: 10:11 pmDistance: 0.36 miTime: 6:01 min
Avg Pace: 16:22 min/miCalories Burned: 38

It was fairly crowded at the lake this evening. There were lots of walkers, but I was the only runner tonight.

I did pretty well, considering that I just ran last night & didn't take my usual day off in between runs. ;-) (I normally space my runs with a day in between, but since I have to work late tomorrow night, I thought it'd be best to get my workout "out of the way" tonight.)

Not much to report about tonight's run, except that there was a nice cool breeze in the air, which made running a real pleasure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been working especially hard over the last two weeks, & am really putting in my best efforts to turn out higher performance runs. I know that once I start doing longer runs that I'll have to let go of my current "performance fixation." ;-) As Erik keeps telling me, (& of course, I know he's right), as I increase my distance, my times aren't as important as building the stamina for distance.

A part of me is chilled & patient (i.e., that'd be the well-behaved Gemini twin), while the other half (i.e., the "ambitious-but-impatient twin" ;-) ), just can't wait to experience those breakthrough moments in my training. ;-) It's very exciting to reach those milestones, & they are really what make training so dynamic & interesting. I love testing myself to see how much better I can get & how much more I can accomplish. Chasing after each goal & resetting the goal posts after each achievement is such a big motivator for me! ;-)

So, what motivates you to achieve more in your training?

1 comment:

K. Stone said...

Corey - I can totally relate. I've only been back to running now for a little over a month, but I'm so loving seeing the improvements. And because I'm so far down on the totem pole of performance, I know that I will have YEARS of performance increases, so that's fun to look forward to!

For me, increasing my distance is the main measurement I'm looking at. That and how I feel in general.

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...