Monday, July 28, 2008

1 Run 2, Week 7 (BOHR): Yet Another Treadmill Workout


Print




Stats:

Start Time: 11:53 am (30 second warm-up walk began at approx. 11:52 am)
Temperature: 79 degrees (Fahrenheit) (N/A)
Humidity: 57% (N/A)
Distance: 3.71 mi (on the treadmill)
Time: 34:07 min
Pace: 9:11 min/mi
Calories Burned: 386
------------------------------

The good thing about treadmill workouts is that they're fast. And they're especially good for those days when you've only got an hour to workout, blog about it, & then rush into the shower & head off to work. ;-) So, needless to say, this post is going to be short!

Had a good workout. In the beginning I kept the speed between 6.2 & 6.5 for about the first 10 minutes or so (I was having one of those driven, "Yaah-yaah-yaah, I-feel-powerful" moments!), & then kept the speed at a steady 6.2 for another 5 minutes, before dropping the speed down to 6.0 for a bit. I was starting to tire a bit at this point, & another 5 minutes into the workout, had gotten a stitch in my side, (i.e., probably the effects of drinking water & a bit of OJ & then shoveling a few almonds down my gullet for some energy right before my workout!). In order to allow myself to recover from the stitch, I varied the speed in increments, going as low as 5.5 at one point & then back up to 6.0. For the last 10 minutes I was feeling a lot better, & regained my stamina, so I pumped the speed back up to 5.8 for about 2 minutes, then 6.0 for about 3 minutes, & then finally 6.5 for another 4 minutes, & then all the way up to 7.2 for the last minute. I felt totally exhausted for about the next minute (which also happened to be my practically non-existent cooldown walk, being that I was in a hurry to get back home!), but it was a great workout!

OK, got to rush to work now! See ya!

1 comment:

cymrusteve said...

Great workout! Some pretty impressive speeds too...

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...