Saturday, July 5, 2008

7 Running Skirts For Men: Pretend You're Scottish & Are Wearing A Kilt?!


Print



OK, now I've seen it all. A running skirt for men? You've got to be kidding me. I'd like to know what guy's going to be brave enough to wear this without worrying about being pelted by rotting fruit from oncoming traffic?! Hey men, now you too can experience what it's like to be wolf-whistled at in a skirt. Hahahahaha......

But the real question is this: Guys, if it helped you run faster, would you shell out the bucks to buy it?! LOL. Exactly how far would you go to improve your running times?! Hahahahaha.

Knowing Erik, I don't think he'll be wearing this look anytime soon. Nor will any of our male running friends. I don't care how secure you are in your masculinity, or what your sexual orientation is: Guys, do you really fancy the idea of wearing a pink running skirt?!

Who thought of this idea?! Did the person actually give any thought to the marketability of such a concept?! Granted, I see that the idea originated in somewhere in the UK, & is being marketed as a running "kilt."

So what's the average heterosexual male to do?! Suddenly start acting super manly & pretend your Scottish?! ;-) Would you then laugh uncomfortably & get very defensive any time someone tells you you're really running in a skirt?!

It's like that scene from Planes, Trains, & Automobiles. (You know, that hilarious, classic John Hughes movie with John Candy & Steve Martin.....)

[waking up after sharing the same bed on the motel]
Neal
: [frowns] Where's your other hand?
Del
: Between two pillows...
Neal: Those aren't pillows!

After a brief-but-highly-uncomfortable silence, both men start acting extremely manly & then one of them asks the other, "So, ahem, how about those Mets?!" ;-) Or something like that......

7 comments:

Runner Girl said...

wow. those are great. Although I prefer the short shorts on boys. Have you seen the running skirts? They look like tennis skirts but I wonder if they would help my time....

Andrew is getting fit said...

I don't think I would wear a running skirt even if it made me a minute per mile faster!

Although...a minute and a half...

cymrusteve said...

Haha - nice post!

How about this Welsh Sport Kilt? Much more tasteful I'm sure you'll agree :)

--Steve

cymrusteve said...

A link would have helped of course:

http://www.sportkilt.com/departments/mens-sport-kilts/mens-kilts-sport-kilts/Welsh-kilt.cfm

Blaine Moore said...

I wouldn't wear one, but only because I don't see how it is possible for it to improve my times. I'm perfectly comfortable in my shorts or tights, and I don't run races short enough to be helped by a speed suit.

Tim Wilson said...

Uh, nope.... don't think so.

Dennis said...

That is a Utilikilt, (google it) and it is the most comfortable of all their products. I have two of them and have been wearing their kilts daily for about 6 years now. At one point I had 13 of them. Most people mistake me for 20 years younger and women go crazy over it. Everybody says I look better in kilts than in pants; if by chance I ever wear them. I highly recommend them if you have the balls.

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...