Thursday, July 3, 2008

1 Weigh-In: Are These Numbers For Real?!


Print





OK, this is really weird.

I weighed myself after my run last night, & it said that I'd lost 3.8 lbs. & was up 1% body fat. Remembering the fact that body fat scales do NOT give accurate readings directly after workouts ;-), I decided to weigh myself again this morning. However, this morning, to my great surprise, there was even more variance in the numbers! Now the scale says that I'm down by 5.4 lbs. since 6/25/08, or exactly 8 days ago, & up 1.8% body fat. No way!

Of course, the poundage loss could be all water weight. (I sure hope it isn't muscle loss. Due to my recent workouts & observations, I highly doubt it!) At any rate, I'm going to rejoice over the 5.4 lb loss. Now, I'm only 8.4 lbs. away from goal, or 44% to goal.

As for the body fat percentage increase, I'm still a little bit skeptical, because, over the past week, I've been very active (even though I haven't been running since Friday), haven't eaten very much (I haven't been very hungry lately, which has probably been due to the hot weather & all the activity over the past several days!), & what I ate was hardly filled with fat. I doubt the increase in fat has been due to my diet, as I've been eating a lot of fruits & vegetables, very few carbs, & my protein sources have been extremely low-fat. Also, it remains to be seen whether or not this reading is even remotely accurate. I'll take a few more body fat readings over the next few days to see if this number is consistent.

I can't wait to get to an athletic BF%!!!!!! It's definitely something to look forward to achieving!

Classification Women (% fat) Men (% fat)
Essential Fat 10-12% 2-4%
Athletes 14-20% 6-13%
Fitness 21-24% 14-17%
Acceptable 25-31% 18-25%
Obese 32% plus 25% plus

1 comment:

Dane said...

I like your scale. :)

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...