Monday, July 28, 2008

4 Weigh-In: Oops, I Couldn't Help Myself! ;-)


Print





Tonight, before my pushups workout, I hopped on the scale -- and now this is the scary part -- without even thinking about it. Yes, I did it subconsciously, without even realizing what I'd done, until it was already too late; so blame my subconscious instead of me! Hahahaha! JUST kidding.

OK, so I clearly blew it. And the funny thing is that it's only been barely a day since I made that promise NOT to weigh myself! ;-) I just have to laugh about it, because it's just really silly. (I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions, but somehow this "not-weighing-myself" thing seems like a similarly ill-conceived concept!)

OK, so does this mean that all bets are off, or should I give myself another chance? Well, I'm going to take the latter option, & if I blow it again, maybe I'll just scratch the whole idea & do whatever the heck I want. ;-)

Of course, the original intention behind this idea was to see what psychological benefits, if any, could be gained from not hopping on the scale. (Ladies, I think most of you know what I'm talking about here! ;-) )

Well, since the damage has already been done, it won't make any difference at this point if I share the results with you. ;-)

I again, gained weight but lost body fat. I gained 0.4 lbs, & lost 1.7% BF. I'm hoping the weight gain is muscle (Hahaha!) but it's too short-term of a period to make a determination one way or the other. I certainly don't feel like I've gained body fat; when I look in the mirror, I look & feel pretty lean.

(Now, I'm also going to take into account that I weighed myself at night, when I typically hop on the scale in the morning or early afternoon. So that can of course affect the numbers too.)

At any rate, the daily weighing still seems a bit excessive to me (i.e., you've really got to know me to understand exactly why that could be considered dangerous!), even if my subconscious doesn't agree with the rest of me. ;-) So, I'm still going to make a concerted effort to be conscious of this behavior, & see if I can not weigh myself until the following Monday.

Take two, here we go! ;-)

4 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Weigh to go! :p

Why am I not surprised that you couldn't resist?

Running Knitter said...

Good luck with take 2! :)

Colin said...

I think you're really in trouble when you weigh yourself more than once a day. Sometimes I catch myself doing that. Good luck holding out!

Lily on the Road said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog!! It took a couple of days to actually have the time to write, although I have "looked" in.

I was having trouble actually opening your page, but tonight voila!!

I'll be starting the PushUp Challenge on Thursday of this week, so will link you when I do...

good luck with your weigh ins, try not to overdo it!!

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...