Wednesday, July 16, 2008

0 Weigh-In: Riding the See-Saw......


Print





OK, first the good news (which I'll quickly tell you before the above smiley face scale starts to frown! ;-) ): So, I haven't gained any weight from the last time I weighed myself (on 7/3/08). On the other hand, I haven't lost any either, but hey, sometimes that's just the way it goes.

And now for the not-so-good news: I gained 1.6% body fat. Eek! However, that doesn't really tell the whole story: On 7/3/08, I gained 1.8% BF, lost 2.3% BF on 7/15/08, & then gained 1.6% BF on 7/16/08. So, cumulatively, I actually gained 1.1% BF over the last 2 weeks. ;-) Well, maybe not really. OK, so I did have quite a "serial snacking" moment over the previous weekend, but I was also very active during that time as well.

I don't think that I probably gained 1.6% BF in the span of 24 hours. Well, maybe I did, but it's highly unlikely, considering I've been very fairly consistent in my eating & exercise, save this past weekend's rare & out-of-the-ordinary eat-o-rama. But in general, neither amount of either activity has changed drastically during the last two weeks. If anything, I'm exercising even more these days.

But the other reason I'm not so sure about the accuracy of these measurements is due to the overall lack of accuracy of body fat scales in general.
Body fat scales scales don't actually take a direct measurement of your body fat -- They use a technique called BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis), which actually measures body density. And your body density measurement can vary depending on a multitude of factors (i.e., time of day, your skin temperature, the amount of water you've had to drink beforehand, etc.). So, I don't pay attention to slight fluctuations here & there; the more important thing to focus upon is the general long-standing trend. And that overall trend is downward. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...