Friday, October 3, 2008

0 Run 1, Week 1 (P10K): A Speedy Guac & Salsa Powered Run! ¡Arriba, Arriba… Ándale! Ándale! ;-)


Print






Stats:
Weather Conditions:
Temp: 66° FHumidity:68%
Warm-up Walk:Start Time: 7:03 pm
Distance: 0.39 miTime: 6:00 minAvg Pace: 15:13 min/miCalories Burned: 41
Run:
Start Time:
7:10 pm
Distance: 6.50 miTime: 1:07:09 minAvg Pace: 10:18 min/miCalories Burned: 677
Cool-down walk:
Start Time: 8:36 pmDistance: 0.40 mi
Time: 6:31 min
Avg Pace: 16:16 min/miCalories Burned: 41

Well, as most of you Twitterers already know, I procrastinated the hell out of doing my second run of the week, but it finally got done. ;-) Yes, I finally ran the appointed 6+ miles. Actually, it was 6.5 miles according to the Nike+iPod pedometer, which means that, in reality, I ran a 10K. ;-) (The screwy algorithms of the Nike+iPod never cease to amaze me.....)

Anyhow, today was the first run of my new running program, which I've cheekily dubbed "The Penguinator 10K." (And now it's also become my new nickname, thanks to my pal, Steve. ;-) ) It's for all you other running penguins out there, who, like me, secretly think you can fly. ;-)

Since the program's brand spanking new & is still in beta-testing mode (yes, I'm the beta-tester! ;-) ), the usual legal disclaimers & precautions also apply for this workout program as well, as stated for all previous running programs developed by yours truly.

Anyhow, enough boring legal crapola, & on with the run. I did 6.5 miles with roughly 4-5 hills of varying elevation grades at a 10K pace. Mission accomplished!

Took a slightly different path than my usual route to work in some more challenging hills, & ended up doing the last 2 laps around the usual lake. (I don't mind running the last few laps around the lake, especially when it starts to get dark! I like to think of them as "victory laps," because the fast & familiar ground usually gives me a big psychological boost at the end; and I like to finish out my run on a high note. ;-) )

Here are the splits, (which should be considered with a grain of salt, because of the aforementioned screwy Nike+iPod algorithms, but nonetheless....):

Mile 1 = 10:01
Mile 2 = 9:32
Mile 3 = 10:01
Mile 4 = 10:56
Mile 5 = 8:18
Mile 6 = 11:01
Mile 6.5 = 8:40

A great improvement in pace over previous runs, n'est-ce pas?! ;-)

If I can sustain this kind of momentum, maybe I can set a new PR by race day, eh?! Who knows. Anything's possible.....

As far as energy goes: I think the guac, salsa, & chips I ate for dinner beforehand really did the trick. I had mucho energy! Really bounded up those hills like a gazelle. (Yes, the guac recipe's coming, as promised.....)

OK, well that about wraps it up for tonight's post. Hope you all are doing well & feeling healthy!

Have a good night!
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...