Sunday, January 18, 2009

9 10-Mile Run: OMG, What The.....?


Print



Ran 10 mi in 01:41:35, or a 10:09:30 pace.

Whoa. Did I just run 10 miles at the same pace as my last 10K?

Yep, I most certainly did. :)

Did a double-take at first when I checked my stopwatch after today's run, as I thought it was a mistake!

The funny thing is that I thought my legs were going to be tired from yesterday's race, but they felt really strong & amazingly didn't tire at any point during the run.

I'm definitely getting stronger. (Feels really good to know this too!)

A 10-minute mile pace was originally going to be my "stretch goal" for the 10-miler; however, it looks like I obviously need to re-evaluate and set more ambitious goals for myself.

Am really getting the hang of this distance thing.

After yesterday's race, in which I proved that I can go much faster right now than I originally thought possible, I think that my next "stretch goal" will be completing the half marathon distance in 10 minute miles.

Who knows, maybe if I keep working at it, I'll eventually be able to run a marathon at the same pace! :) Would LOVE to complete my first marathon in 4:30:00!

9 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I'm fairly sure you could do it!

Tim Wilson said...

Good on you! :) always wanted to say that.

That is very good, I can see the 4:30 marathon, but hey why not shoot for sub 4:00? :)

raulgonemobile said...

Nice job! I love it when the strength builds up and you don't realize it until a while later and then you surprise yourself

cyberpenguin said...

Thanks, Raul! Those are definitely the best kind of surprises to have during training, eh? :)

We've only had a week of our running clinic, & already I can see the improvements! It's tremendously encouraging & motivating!

Have you ever done any running clinics or programs before? I highly recommend doing programs that incorporate multiple types of runs - i.e., long runs, tempo runs, fartleks, easy runs, etc. They are really the most effective!

cyberpenguin said...

Thanks, Tim! Glad to give you the opportunity to say that. :)

Well, one step at a time, right? ;-)

Let's see how training progresses before we get overambitious & go for a sub-4 on the very first marathon.

How about if I shoot for that on the next marathon I do, eh? ;-) Hahahaha.

cyberpenguin said...

Thanks, Andrew. Appreciate your vote of confidence!

I think I can, I think I can. :)

And maybe after enough 20+ mile training runs, that'll change to "I know I can." :)

cymrusteve said...

Fantastic news! The more long runs you do, the stronger you'll become. Your endurance will soon be your new best friend :)

Keep up the great work,

--Steve

Kevin Green said...

That's awesome, Corey! Keep getting faster and keep having fun.

cyberpenguin said...

Thanks Steve & Kevin! How's your training coming along?

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...