Saturday, January 3, 2009
3 Cyberpenguin's Goals For 2009
It's official! I just posted my 2009 fitness-related goals at JustFinish, in the group 2009 Goals.
Thought I'd list them here as well:
1. Run all of the 20+ races listed on my 2009 racing calendar, including my first marathon. (You can read more details about this on my blog.)
2. Set PRs for 5K-10M distances: By May, run 5K in 27:54 (9:00 pace), 10K in 58:48 (9:30 pace), 8 mi in 1:18:00 (9:45 pace), 10 mi in 1:40:00 (10:00 pace).
3. Complete the 2009 Philadelphia Marathon in under 5 hours (preferably 4:30 or better!).
4. Get down to an "athletic body fat range" of 14-18% to optimally enhance racing performance.
5. Do at least 1 day per week of strength training (lifting, crunches, push-ups, squats, etc.).
6. Complete RRCA coaching certification.
7. Start building my fitness business.
8. Inspire more people to run, get fit, adopt healthy behaviors, & find the enjoyment in the process of getting healthier! Actively mentor & encourage others!
9. Give back: Volunteer more in the community, both in the general & running communities. Help build positive sense of community & foster connections amongst people; be a catalyst & connection point for others.
10. Cross-training: Add some cross-training into the mix every so often! Think outside of the box when planning cross-training activities. Organize more group outings centered around fitness - bike rides, hikes, kayak trips, etc.