Friday, January 16, 2009

2 Sit-ups..... Or the Forgotten Posts :)


Print





I'm sure some of you might recall me mentioning the "Two Hundred Sit-ups Challenge" on this blog not that long ago. Well, since I did 200 crunches for the initial sit-ups test, I am in search of a new challenge. :)

In the meanwhile, I've been doing 300 crunches or so about every other day. Keep forgetting to list them here, since I usually just record everything on DailyMile.com these days!

Anyhow, just thought I'd mention the "Two Hundred Sit-ups Challenge" again, as core strength is essential for helping to maintain good running form. Plus, it can help prevent back problems & improve posture. (Please save your back & do crunches instead of sit-ups!) Core strength can be achieved rather quickly, & it'll help give you great stability & balance!

Yes, it's not just something you do to look good in a bikini/swim trunks! ;-)

2 comments:

cymrusteve said...

300 crunches every other day is very impressive!

the sit-ups challenge is proving to be just as popular as the push ups challenge and judging by early feedback received, the females seem to be doing better than the males!

and just in case your readers missed it, a 200 sit-ups iPhone App has just been launched!

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/iphoneapp.html

Good luck with the search for your next challenge? how about the Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred? :)

--Steve

cyberpenguin said...

Thanks, Steve!

Nice to hear from you. Really do appreciate the gesture/effort since I know how busy you are right now. Speaking of which, I hope the book-writing is coming along well for you!

Also glad to hear your 200 situps program is popular & thriving! Of course, it's really no surprise that it's become popular, & I'm sure that people will be lined up around the corner to buy the book for THAT program too, whenever it comes out. :) However, one book-writing project at a time, right? ;-)

You know that I will be the first in line!

I'd be happy to post information about the iPhone update on my blog, to let people know.

Thanks! Will have to look into the Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred. I think that Greg (@gchance) from Twitter is also doing (or has done?) that program as well.

Hope your running is coming along well. Am going to pop over to your blog & see what you've been up to lately!

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...