Tuesday, March 17, 2009

0 Weekend Update: Some Unintentional R&R


Print



The reason you haven't seen an update for this weekend's long run is that I didn't run this weekend, due to me not feeling that great. It's not due to injury nor would I call it out-&-out illness: Mostly, it's been continuous, intensely painful headaches (i.e., the kind where a person has to lie down & put the covers over their head -- no light, no sound) which still haven't relented, & over the weekend, I've also had a lot of nausea & stomach pain. (Don't worry; thankfully, there aren't any gory details from which you'd need to be spared. ;-) )

The latter issues have receded; now, it's just the headaches, which've come & gone for several days now without explanation.

It doesn't appear to be allergy-related, since cross-the-fingers, I'm not getting the other symptoms.

I often seem to get horrible migraine-like headaches at the same time there's been significant air pressure changes & the weather is rainy. I've noticed that it seems to mostly happen during the change from winter to spring, & sometimes also during the change from fall to winter. Yes, I know it might sound odd to some of you, but that's the honest truth.

Anyhow, the ibuprofen appears to temporarily alleviate some of the pain, but I'm hoping that it just goes away altogether.

The good news is that the headache pain has lessened considerably from this weekend.

Tonight is track practice. I can't not keep running; that's just not an option. So I'm just going to take some more ibuprofen, suck it up, & hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...