Monday, July 27, 2009
0 Just for Fun: A Running Trivia Quiz For You
Just for fun, here are some trivia questions to test your running-related knowledge. Let's see how well you can do. Questions will start out fairly easy & get progressively more challenging. Without looking these stats up on the internet or elsewhere, do you know the answers to following?
(1) Approximately how many miles is the 400 meter dash?
(2) Exactly how many miles is a 5K?
(3) Exactly how many miles is an 8K?
(4) Exactly how many miles is a 10K?
(5) Exactly how many kilometers are in a marathon distance?
(6) Exactly how many miles is a 50K distance?
(7) **Bonus question: Exactly how many kilometers are there in a mile?
(1) Name the starting & ending location of the very first marathon.
(2) Who was the first person to complete the mile in under 4 minutes?
(3) Who was the first woman to unofficially run the Boston Marathon (without a bib number)?
(4) Where was the first triathlon held?
(5) What year did Kathrine Switzer run the Boston Marathon with a number, and then get thrown out of the AAU?
(6) When did the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon series first begin?
(7) **Bonus question: Who is the Greek goddess of running? (Careful, it's not as obvious as you might think. :) )
(1) Who are the current male & female world record holders for the fastest mile?
(2) Who are the current male & female world record holders for the fastest marathon?
(3) Who is currently the oldest person to ever have completed a marathon?
(4) Who is currently the youngest person to ever have completed a marathon?
(5) Who has the world record for the most marathons ever run in a lifetime?
(6) What's the record for the longest consecutive distance a person has ever run?
(7) **Bonus question: What's the the record for the longest, non-consecutive distance a person has ever run?
So how do you think you did on this quiz? The answers will appear in a later post. :)