Friday, February 5, 2010

5 Update: The Scoop


Print



I've thought a lot about whether I should post the below.  It is with no small amount of reservation that I post this:

Some people might know that I was recovering from illness & injury. Well, that was true.

What I didn't say at the time was that I've been dealing with a totally different, ongoing illness that has hampered my my running to a large degree. It's not something life-threatening, nor was it caused by anything specific that I did.

Please understand that I don't wish to go into details or answer questions about it, as it is a private concern, but I thought it was only fair to explain what was going on with me in a general way, as there are probably a lot of people wondering why I've disappeared off the face of the online running world (Twitter, Facebook, DailyMile, etc.). I'm doing what I can to get better, but it's a slow process.

The reason I haven't disclosed my situation until now is that I wasn't ready to deal with other people's reactions or curious questions. Furthermore, I don't want anyone's pity.

I don't know how this is going to affect my running/wellness business. It was just getting started, as I just launched it only a few months ago. So, it looks like I'll be putting it on hold for the time-being.

All I can say is that I'm not going to give up without a fight. I'm planning on getting back to running as soon I can, & have tentative plans to run the Philly Marathon in 2011. I figure that the 2011 date should give me plenty of time to train, given that, with my current situation, I'd be starting from a level of zero fitness. :) However, I figure that I had to start out from zero at some point in order to first start running way back when, so I'll just start over again from scratch & build the miles & fitness back up again. Yes, things can only improve from here! :-D  So you see, I'm not giving up on my marathon dreams just yet.

In the meanwhile, hang in there & stay tuned. Just because I'm not currently running doesn't mean that I don't have thoughts on running to post here. :)

Cheers,
-C

5 comments:

RunningRamblings said...

Corey - I just read your post and want to send you positive thoughts of good health. Your attitude is great and I'm sure that will only benefit you and you move past your situation. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Martin
www.runningramblings.com

Cyberpenguin said...

Thanks so much, Martin! I really appreciate you saying that, & hope that you are doing well & are enjoying your running.

Tim Wilson said...

Good to see you back - hope to see much more from you soon.

I figured something must be going on, and I trust all is getting better.

Hang in there!

Andrew is getting fit said...

I wondered why you went so quiet. It was so unlike you. I trust you are recovering and I wish you nothing but great health.

Angelica said...

I'm sending you positive and healthy vibes as well! First priority is to take care of yourself. We'll welcome you back with open arms when you're ready!

Post a Comment

I may or may not know you, but love reading your comments!

If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my RSS feed . You can also subscribe by email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

Loading...